China Restaurant Serves Liquid Detergent Instead Of Fruit Juice, 7 Hospitalized
According to the South China Morning Post, seven people were brought to the hospital and had their stomachs pumped after a restaurant in eastern China offered them liquid detergent instead of fruit juice.
According to the publication, the event occurred on January 16 in Zhejiang province. Sister Wukong, one of the afflicted guests, was dining at the restaurant with her family and friends when a server handed a bottle of what they all mistaken for fruit juice. The lady said in a video, which she subsequently removed off social media, that she and six other individuals were sent to a hospital to have their stomachs pumped after realising there had been a mistake and their beverages had a strange flavour.
Gastric suction, often known as stomach pumping, is a method that doctors might perform in an emergency to swiftly empty the contents of your stomach.
Customers were advised, according to SCMP, that the mix-up was caused by a waitress with poor vision. According to a Xucun Police Station official, all seven persons are in stable condition and will seek compensation from the restaurant later.
"Let me show you all these folks laying here," Ms Wukong said from her hospital bed, according to the site. We ate together as a group of seven and had to get our tummies pumped." Her spouse, she claimed, took the first drink and alerted the gathering that it was harsh. "I swallowed after taking one drink. "My throat hurt instantly," the woman claimed.
According to SCMP, the waitress later admitted that she made the mistake because she was inexperienced and had an eye condition. "She informed us she doesn't regularly work for the restaurant and was simply helping out for the day," Ms Wukong added.
According to the outlet, it is unknown what type of floor cleaner was supplied to the guests. A search on a Chinese internet marketplace, however, revealed various floor cleaning companies with orange juice-like packaging. People who do not know such languages may misinterpret the packaging, which is typically printed in other languages.